Forum rules - please read before posting.

Profiles with no saved game and empty save slots

Hello,

I am trying to enable the profiles into our save system. We have character naming on new game, so when we start the game I auto create a profile from the entered character name. then on load selection i first show the profile ui and then show the load ui as expected

here are my questions:

1) how can I check if a profile have any save game or not? this way when the player opens the main menu I will delete any profiles with no save games (such as new game started but it wasnt saved). I will also delete the first profile 1 with this method

2) disabling allow empty slots on load menu was indeed hiding the empty slots; but once I enabled the profiles the empty slots are shown no matter what I choose. should I check manually by save check slot empty action or would it be duplicate?

ac:1.70.4
unity 2019.3.7f1

thanks

Comments

• you can disregard question 2, as it happened due to an error on my side.

• The Save: Check Action can be used to query the number of save game files present, but only those associated with the active profile.

Are you looking to be able to check this for a specific profile? I shall have a think about how this might be achieved.

• Update: To get the number of saves associated with a given Profile ID, you can use the following:

int numSaveFiles = SaveSystem.SaveFileHandler.GatherSaveFiles (profileID).Count;

• ah yes thank you that will be perfect