Forum rules - please read before posting.

Loading menu timer bar not working

I created the loading menu and works great except the loading progress bar does nothing.
I'm on Unity 2019.1.3f1 and AC 1.69.1

Any suggestions.

Comments

• In what way are you using a loading progress bar? Let's see screenshots of your the Element's properties, the properties of the Menu that it's in, and the "Scene loading" section of your Settings Manager.

A tutorial on creating loading bars can be found here.

• I used your sample and it's pretty simple.

I added a debug to the timer script and found I'm only getting 3 data points. ie: 0 .9 and 1 with pretty much all the time after .9. This appears to normal as explained in the link https://docs.unity3d.com/ScriptReference/AsyncOperation-allowSceneActivation.html

So it looks like the progress bar is not much good the way that works. It implies most of the time is scene activation since .9 is almost instant.

Not sure I can do much about it.

Any comments?

• The loading itself is handled by Unity, so the value of GetLoadingProgress() is still determined by Unity's own async operations.

0.9 is a "cutoff" value that marks the end of the scene itself being loaded IIRC, but as you say - it's normal behaviour from how Unity works.

There's not much that can be done about this, though AC's Timer element does include a "Value smoothing" property that can be used to display more of a transition between the real values.

Of course, you can also look into optimising your scene/assets to reduce load times themselves. Aside from Unity's own general tips on optimisation, the AC Manual also has a "Performance and optimisation" chapter that covers a number of AC-specific tricks that can improve load times.

• Thanks I'm getting into that and should be able to improve things.