Forum rules - please read before posting.

Different behaviour for same action list in runtime

Hi Chris, we are struggling with some strange bahaviour with ac.

i want to let our character parent to a elevator.
that works fine with object:set parent.
but because the characters scaling is also affected from the sorting map i made a temporary sorting map in the beginning of the action list where i have a fixed scaling value. after the elevator goes up the sorting map switches to the original one.

so the problem that appears is that it works, but not always. nothing is changed, same action list but different behaviour in runtime. i recorded a video for better understanding.

video:

Comments

• What of the Sorting Maps themselves?

If the purpose of switching Sorting Map is to keep the sorting order / scale fixed, try using the Character: Change rendering Action to lock those values in place, rather than changing the Sorting Map.

It looks like your character uses a 2D skeleton. To help isolate the cause, try placing in the 2D Demo's Player prefab, Brain2D, into the scene - so that he overrides your own Player. Does he have the same issue?

• Hi Chris, thanks for your reply!

Yes, the thing is i tried to avoid the Character: Change rendering: Sprite Scale option with locked values because that caused the same issue in the past.
    So i thought that function is not working somehow with our setup. but it seems to be the same problem we have with many actionlists that are affecting the characters scaling somehow.

i recorded another video where you can see the problem fixed values.

so the very strange part here is that somehow the scaling works the second time i play on the play button.
    also, when i delete the action list the settings are saved nevertheless but they shouldn´t

max tried your instruction with the demo player prefab, but thats missing in our project
    he will leave a comment about this here too.

• hi chris, we use not a sprite based character for the game, it is animated with spine2d, we also use a custom animation engine for this to work. could the problem rest in the animation_engine cs file?

• ok, sry for wasting your time, it was a false reference in the custom animation_engine script in the ActionCharRenderRun function. scaling and sortingmap behaviour works now as intended