Forum rules - please read before posting.

Player character 'jumps' to hotspot marker when double clicking to trigger an instant scene switch

Hello, I'm brand new to Adventure Creator, but really enjoying what I've been able to do so far. I'm having the following issue I can't figure out:

I've got various exit hotspots set up to switch between scenes in my game, with markers next to the exits for the player to walk to, as well as setting double-clicking to trigger the scene switch instantly. But, when I enable 'double-clicking triggers interaction instantly', the player character seems to 'jump' to the hotspot marker first and appear there for a split second before the scene changes.

How do I have the scene switch instantly without them moving to the marker, but still have a single click option allowing the player to walk to the hotspot marker?

Comments

• edited May 2020

Welcome to the community, @Sophie23.

This would be the expected behaviour if your Hotspot Interaction's Player Action field is set to Walk To Marker, since that assumes the Player's presence at the Hotspot is necessary.

If you set it to to Walk To, however, then the teleport shouldn't occur. You can check the additional Set minimum distance? box if you want the Player to move close to it when not double-clicking.

• Thanks Chris! That's sorted it out perfectly, and sorted out another issue I was having with the player character similarly jumping to exit hotspots which start out being locked.