Forum rules - please read before posting.

What does Playmaker bring to AC ?

I'm training on Playmaker. I ask myself a question, which will surely seem stupid to confirmed users of AC, but too bad. What more does Playmaker bring to AC? Concretely, what types of actions can we create with Playmaker? How do we integrate them into AC?
Programmers surely understand everything in a few seconds, but I'm not a programmer, so when I read that you can call FSM, that means absolutely nothing to me.
Would it be possible to have a clear explanation on the interest of using these two tools in parallel ?
I no longer know if I had already done so but I apologize for my bad English. I hope you understand.

Comments

• "FSM" stands for Finite State Machine, which is the core component of Playmaker - it's essentially a logic-chain that - similar to an AC ActionList - can update the behaviour of a GameObject according to logic and other input.

With AC's provided Third-party: Playmaker Action, you can trigger a Playmaker FSM from an AC ActionList, but the larger integration feature is that of variable-syncing.

AC Global and Component variables can both be synced up to their Playmaker equivalents - so that e.g. a Global AC Bool's value will match that of a Global Playmaker Bool. This effectively means that you can have your Playmaker FSMs react to and update AC variables, so that the two systems can "talk to" each other more easily.

• Wow this is interesting to know about the synching of AC global and component vars with playmaker.

Can you explain in more concrete details with example code.

• No code is necessary for PlayMaker / AC variable syncing - it's built in. See the Manual's "Linking with Playmaker Variables" for details on the workflow.