Forum rules - please read before posting.

Request: Ability to use Sprites for the Main/Active/Cursor graphic for Inventory Items

Presently a Texture must be used when setting a Main/Active/Cursor graphic for an Inventory item in the Inventory Manager. Would it be possible to add the ability to select a Sprite instead of a Texture?

Comments

• Singular sprites (i.e. Textures with a Texture type of Sprite (2D and UI) and Sprite mode of Single) can be assigned in these fields.

"True" sprites on a technical sense aren't interchangeable with textures. A workaround may be possible, but I'd need more context. What is it you're trying to achieve?

• edited April 2020

The scenario was selecting a Sprite from a sprite sheet that had been imported into Unity (i.e. a Texture type of Sprite (2D and UI) and a Sprite Mode of Multiple).

However, I've found the following workaround; Split the existing sprite sheet into individual images outside of Unity and import these images into Unity as a bunch of separate Textures (i.e. Sprite mode of Single). Now these can be assigned to the graphic Textures.

Then I should be able to use the the Unity Sprite Atlas functionality to ensure these individual Textures get packed into Sprite sheets at build time by Unity for performance reasons (e.g. reduce the number of draw calls, etc).

So don't worry about this request Chris, as I don't think it's required after all.