Forum rules - please read before posting.

Hello, world!

Hey folks!
It has been a very long time, since I plan to get AC. Now I have it! I feel cool :)) I would like to wish you all good luck, and present my self, as a user.
For me I am kind of an artist, that wish to jump into adventure game creation. I use Zbrush, and Max mainly, almost none programming skills, and a bit experience in Unity. I will try to create the tree 3d ,2.5, and 2d tutorials first (in this line). Tell me if there is a better way to start.
Cheers to all!

Comments

• Hello, and welcome. You will learn a lot from the tutorials, just go through slow and maybe even do them more than once. I learnt a lot that way. I'm from an artist background too, with minimal programming understanding.

I built my first game with AC last year and its now on Steam, so AC is a very powerful tool indeed. The learning curve was steep for me, but stick with it and you can create whatever you want to.

Good luck!

• Welcome to the community, @VPavlov!

If you're looking to go through all the tutorial videos, I'd recommend starting with the 2D game tutorial. This is the one most geared towards newcomers, and a lot of the topics covered (inventory, hotspots, etc) are applicable to all game types - so it should be useful even if the game you want to make is in 3D.

• Hey thanks Jack! Nice to see you! Show me your game please! Chris thanks mate, I assume that the friendly voice behind the tuts is yours? Yes, I saw that suggestion in the tutorial page, and started with it, Thank you! :)

• Thanks Jack, I wish you good luck with the game! It really looks as it suppose to do - terrible. The art is very original, and interesting.

• Hey folks. I have made successfully the first tutorial about the 2d game. Now I am trying with the recreation of the Unity adventure game. I have imported it, and deleted everything but the Security Room game object, and the Market game object. However I am getting a ton of errors (125), like this:

"Library\PackageCache\com.unity.package-manager-ui@2.0.3\Editor\AssemblyInfo.cs(7,12): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'UxmlNamespacePrefixAttribute' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)"

I am not sure what to do. I am using Unity 2019.1.1f1 (I have 2019.3.7f1 but for some reason it is not running on my machine, maybe because I use win7). Any advice on that?

• Help/Reset packages -> Cleared all errors.

• This isn't an AC issue - seems a duplicate of this.

• Definitely not an AC issue. I was just hoping that someone have been in similar situation. I forgot to mention that I took the errors when I imported the Unity adventure game, and before importing any of AC content.