Forum rules - please read before posting.

Issue with the 2D Demo

So sorry to ask a so easy question, I arrived to AC only 2 days ago... I'm following the tutorial, but when I arrive to the chapter about the hotspot... I cannot find the way to activate the menu interaction. I set as the tutorial said "Choose interaction the hot spot"... but the right click doesn't work (I have a Mac with touchpad... so CTRL+click). On the contrary if I set "Choose hotspot than interaction" it works! Like the demo that has this setting.
Could someone give me a suggestion? I'm getting crazy!
Thanks a lot

Comments

• Sorry, with double fingers on the touchpad it works... but not with CTRL and click

• Welcome to the community, @Fedek72.

I'm on a Mac w/ touchpad as well. AC detects the right-mouse button to cycle through interactions (as well as any input named "CycleCursors"), so what counts as a "simulated" right-click on touchpads is handled by Unity. AC itself isn't detecting for double-fingers directly.

However, it is possible to override AC's input detection through script. This is a pretty advanced topic (see the Manual's "Remapping inputs" chapter if you are interested), but the following script should force detection for control+clicking manually:

using UnityEngine;
    using AC;

public class MacRightClick : MonoBehaviour
    {

private bool controlRightClick;

void Start ()
        {
            KickStarter.playerInput.InputGetButtonDownDelegate = CustomGetButtonDown;
        }

private void OnGUI ()
        {
            if (Event.current != null)
            {
                Event current = Event.current;
                if (current.isMouse && current.control)
                {
                    controlRightClick = true;
                }
            }
        }

private void LateUpdate ()
        {
            controlRightClick = false;
        }

private bool CustomGetButtonDown (string buttonName)
        {
            if (buttonName == "CycleCursors" && controlRightClick)
            {
                controlRightClick = false;
                return true;
            }

try
            {
                return Input.GetButtonDown (buttonName);
            }
            catch {}

return false;
        }

}

Paste that into a new C# script named MacRightClick.cs, and attach the new "Mac Right Click" component to a GameObject in your scene. You should find that you can then cycle through the various cursors using both methods.