Forum rules - please read before posting.

Save Files / Profiles / Inventory

edited April 2020 in Technical Q&A

Hi there,

running into a bit of a conceptual challenge. Maybe I'm misunderstanding something.

• My game starts with x3 empty profiles.
  • Player clicks on a profile, which switches to it and player starts playing.
  • Player quits the game, I use the action list > save > overwrite autosave
  • Player resumes game, autosave is loaded, everything works fine.

Now a second player clicks on a new profile, which switches to it. The game starts at the beginning, as it should, but the inventory has all the items collected by player 1. Am I missing something?

Comments

• Profiles themselves are just storage locations for save files and options data - if data is already loaded in (e.g. inventory items), then switching profile won't change the inventory in and of itself.

Are these steps all occuring within the same instance of the application - i.e. no restarting?

You can force-clear all loaded data with the Engine: End game Action and the Restart Game command. Use this when the user starts the "proper" game to switch to the game's first proper scene - i.e. not the one that has your main menu.

• Aha– using Restart Game instead of End Game was indeed what I needed to change. Thank you very much.