Forum rules - please read before posting.

Your 2D animation asset of choice

What are you guys with working game builds animate with? I've been trying to work with Puppet2D in Unity4 but I can't get hold of build that works with 5 so that's on hold. Another one I've looked into is Spriter which has a free version. The problem I got with it is that I couldn't make smooth transitions with sprite sheets and high detailed sprites also got a sort of static like the character was going through white noise. On GitHub I've seen an asset that could Import Spriter project into Unity but it warns about obsolete API when importing. What do you guys use?

Comments

• I use Anime Studio Pro, and export my sprite frames as pngs... It's meant for vector based animation, but I create my character assets in Photoshop (I like the raster look better), then bring the pieces into Anime Studio Pro to bone rig and animate at the different angles... Not too hard to learn, but very capable... Probably not the cheapest option, but cheaper than something like ToonBoom.