Forum rules - please read before posting.

Speech bubbles

edited July 2015 in Technical Q&A
Is there an easy route to using speech bubbles? Id like to be able to run past people and see conversations they are having above their head, rather than presented directly to me, Im willing to develop it I was just wondering if anyone knew of a faster route that writing it directly, cheers, Gaz.

Comments

• I was sure you could already create a Subtitles Menu that only shows background speech, but it seems you can't.  I'll remedy this in v1.47.
  • Hehe, I've been meaning to ask for this for a long time now, so this one will be greatly appreciated!  
  • edited July 2015
    Ive actually gone and done a dirty hack of the AC code to make this possible, its pretty cool, but if there was official support of course that would be even cooler :) It adds a lot of life being able to run past and see people chatting. Thanks a lot Chris, that's amazing!..
  • edited August 2015
    Bark text that appears over an NPC in 3d would be very nice.  Maybe even tied to an NPC Bark action?

Could also be over Char instead so the Player could provide narrative barks, too.
  • Background speech can be treated as "bark" text with the next update - since this will allow you to separate background / normal speech into different Menus.  And, as is already possible, you can link a Menu to a Unity UI canvas - allowing for text to appear in 3D space.
  • Amazing!.. thank you so much.
  • Is there any tutorial on how to do speech bubbles, of any npc who may be near?
  • Not specifically, though this part of the new features video covers how different speech menus can be assigned to different characters, and may be useful.