Forum rules - please read before posting.

Composite Sprite Animation

edited July 2015 in Technical Q&A
I have a sprite that has walking animations and idle states in 8 way directions. I wanted to separate the lip from the main sprite, so I removed lips from all the sprite images. I created a lip animation controller, and added lip sprite as a child to the main character sprite. I want my character to talk separately from other sprite animations. For example, when my character walks, it should be able to talk without interrupting the walking. Is it possible, and if possible, how to make it?

Comments

• I think that I should use variables and mecanim to do it. I am trying it.
  • You might find this Unite video useful if you have not already seen it and/or made composite sprites in the way explained:

• Thanks Xidore. It seems very useful. I will watch it completely.
  • You're welcome :)

Gotta love the Unite videos for their amazing demonstrations of all the new features.
  • I watched this video today. It has very important information such as Simple CCD and component hierarchy. Thanks again for this precious video, I learned new information. However, I want to use Mecanim with parameters. I have a question related to it. Can anybody please answer my question below?
    http://www.adventurecreator.org/forum/discussion/3604/mecanim-parameters