Forum rules - please read before posting.

Creating 2D animations?

Hi, can anyone recommend a package for making 2D sprite animations for use with AC? I use windows and am proficient with Anime Studio debut, but I don't think that exports. Does anyone have a demo of a complete workflow from scratch to simple animated character in AC?

Thanks!
BC

Comments

• edited May 2015
    AC supports 2D Toolkit, which can do the job. http://www.unikronsoftware.com/2dtoolkit/
  • I'm quite happy with Aseprite for pixel-based sprites and animations. I guess that Anime Studio Debut also can render out image sequences you can use as sprites (I know the pro version can).
  • So is there a magic step that takes you from a series of images into a working sprite animation in Unity? Or is that all a sprite animation in Unity is :)
  • You mean so far as Unity's own sprite animation system goes?  You have to create a new Animation asset that animates a Sprite Renderer's Sprite field with each image.  Check out the official Unity docs for more on working with Unity's 2D system.