Forum rules - please read before posting.

Diagnosing why save is disabled

Is there a way to determine why the Save option in my Pause menu keeps being disabled? There aren't any actionlists running at the time, let alone any that stop gameplay.

I get the usual "Cannot save at this time" error log. There are previous posts here suggesting that this error may be expanded to include the reason for not being able to saved at this time. The console details don't show any of my actionlists in there or anything that jumps out as something I've created.

Olly

Comments

• It may be that saving is disabled at the time the Pause menu is turned on.

Check your Pause menu's "ActionList when turn on" asset - share it's Actions and properties here, and I'll take a look.

• Hi

Nothing in there

Olly

• If it also helps, it seems to save once per Play. The first time you start the game you can save, but from them on it's disabled.

• I get the usual "Cannot save at this time" error log.

What is your AC version? The error should include the reason this is the case, such as the ActionList being run.

• If it's been manually locked, check your Engine: Manage systems Actions - this Action type has a "Saving" field that can lock the game's ability to save.

You can use the Actions Manager to search your project for all instances of a given Action.

• Hmmm.

The action search for all instances returns 3 entries in the console. Two of them have saving set to "No Change" and one has it set to "Enabled".

Is it possible to find out which actionlist AC thinks is manually disabling the saving?

Olly

• Ignore that. I've found it. Must have been misreading one of the Manage Systems actions.