Forum rules - please read before posting.

Sound play on activating Document Menu

edited March 2 in Technical Q&A

Hi,
i'm having a very simple but confusing issue. I'm trying to let a sound play, when I'm opening a document.
But the TurnOn Sound doesn't play no matter which type of "when running" i set in the properties.

The ActionList when turn on has a simple ActionList that just plays the pickup sound Sound: Play One-Shot.

I have another ActionList when turning off - that one works, but instead of playing the Sound of the TurnOff ActionList Sound it plays the TurnOn sound, when closing the menu. I have tried different sounds, and when closing it always plays the one in the TurnOn ActionList.

I've tried setting both their Properties to run in background/pause gameplay, but it didn't change the behaviour. Checking "Wait until finish" didn't help either.

">

Unity Version: 2022.3.20f
AC Version: 1.79.3

Comments

• It's due to AudioSources - by default - not playing while a game is paused.

You can get around this either by assigning an AudioSource that has ignoreListenerPause manually set to False, or by using an AC Sound object with Play while game paused? checked.

• Thanks a bunch!