Forum rules - please read before posting.

Adventure Creator, Rewired and New Input System Unity to change key assignments in Control Map.

edited February 3 in Technical Q&A

Good afternoon. I use Adventure Creator as the basis for creating a game. I was able to integrate Rewired and Adventure Creator and use Control Map (Rewired) to remap keys in the game. Player control and combat system is based on Ability & Combat Toolkit (ABC), which uses a New Input System Unity.
Integration of Rewired, Adventure Creator (camera control, etc.) and Ability & Combat Toolkit (ABC) (player control on the New Input System Unity) works well together.
At the same time, I did not find information on how to combine the New Input System Unity with Rewired so that I can change the key assignments of the New Input System Unity in the Control Map (Rewired).
I use Unity 2022.3.7f1 , Rewired 1.1.48 , Adventure Creator 1.78.4 , Ability & Combat Toolkit (ABC) 2.3.2 , Input System 1.6.3.

Comments

• Sounds like this is more a question for Rewired than AC, since its the Rewired <--> Input System assets you're looking to integrate.

I'd recommend sticking to a single input method, though. AC's Input System integration, over on the Downloads page, includes its own key remapping menu - perhaps you can switch over to Input System entirely?

• Good afternoon. When I change the key settings to Rewired everything works fine until I quit the game. After the next launch and loading of the game, the key settings return to their original values. Tell me what needs to be done in the Adventure Creator to save changes in the key settings in the Rewired one?

• Adventure Creator is no longer responsible for your key settings as that is now handled by Rewired. You need to add the "UserDataStore_PlayerPrefs" component to the Rewired Input Manager, this will save all the input settings.