Forum rules - please read before posting.

Cannot edit NavMesh Polygon Collider

Hi,
I have been trying to follow the Adventure Creator tutorial to build a 2D scene, but I am failing miserably to edit the navmesh Polygon2D collider to make my character walk around.
Whatever I do, it is impossible to edit the vertices of the collider or add new ones by holding shift, all I can do is scale it and move it around.
The only difference with the tutorial is that the scale of my assets is 1 instead of 100, because I am making a pixel art adventure and I will need a pixel perfect camera.
Any hints? Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Hi...

To enter edit-mode on the polygon collider you must click the "Edit Collider" button on the collider inspector. Push it again when finished :

• edited March 2015
    Tried that. I am unable to edit the collider with the edit button pressed
  • Is it the AC NavMesh, or the Polygon Collider that's the problem?  Try adding a Polygon Collider to an empty GameObject, and see if you can modify that.
  • I added a new Polygon Collider to an empty game object, and for some reason now both the new collider and the one created by adventure creator can be edited without problems. weird :)
  • Just an FYI. 

I had this problem as well with Unity 5.4.1f1 and AC 1.54c. It's my very first time running both and I'm going through the first tutorial. I even created a new game object and added a collider to that like I've seen suggested, but that didn't work. I was going to post a "mine doesn't work either" comment, but then decided to restart Unity. 

That did the trick. Looks as if I can edit the colliders now just like in the video. 
  • I also had this problem. I am also rocking Unity 5.4.1f1, but I have AC 1.55. I followed GameDesignerJoe's post about restarting and that worked.

In trying to repeat the bug, I opened a new scene (after the Unity restart and the collider could be edited) but it worked fine on the new scene.

I also tried restarting my computer, but again the Polygon Collider could be edited. So it looks like it's just a one-time bug, fixed with a restart. At least for now. :)
  • Strange - I'd say it's a Unity issue given that AC only uses the PolygonCollider at runtime, not in the Editor, but other than that I can't say much more about it.
  • It only happened after an update, but as I updated both Unity and AC at the same time I couldn't speak to that. I suppose you'd know better. ;)