Forum rules - please read before posting.

Make hotspot within Inventory - drag item onto EXAMINE

2»

Comments

• edited January 11

• Have you renamed the script's mention of "ExamineMenu" to "Adventure", to match the name in your Menu Manager?

At the top of the function (above the if statement), paste this:

Debug.Log ("Clicked Menu " + menu.title + ", Element: " + element.title + ", Item is selected? " + (KickStarter.runtimeInventory.SelectedItem != null));

What does the Console print at the exact moment you click ExamineButton with an item selected?

• Good morning Chris! Yes the naming is correct. The console doesn't print anything, unfortunately. Is there anything wrong with the location of the script? I saved it under events.

Could rewired be the issue here? It would be weird though, as the game works perfectly in all the menus.

• The location of the script file itself shouldn't matter - but the script does need to be present in the scene. Have you attached it to a GameObject?

• Yes I did. But I still had the first one attached to it. How embarrassing :'( . My bad. It works like a charm now. Thanks for your time and this awesome asset!