Forum rules - please read before posting.

Obi Rope with Adventure Creator

edited October 2023 in Technical Q&A

I wanted to know if anyone has used Obi Rope (from the Assetstore) insinde an AC scene?
Is it possible to use this system inside AC? I found it a good solution to my needs but i am not sure if it is ok with AC or not.

Comments

• I haven't used it myself, but I don't expect there'd be an issue with it running in the same scene as AC, as it doesn't overlap in terms of functionality.

It really depends on how you'd incorporate it into your game. If you wanted a character to e.g. climb along it, then you'd need to rely on custom scripting to handle that.

• Thanks for the answer.
    I want for example use it on cables and use their Object based control points that it has, and assign them to AC movables and draggables so the Player ,for example, can plug the wire or change the sockets to solve a puzzle.I was doing it with Blender cylender and bones but it seems so heavy in some scenes and has many complexities some times .... so i searched for a solution and found there Obi rope which seems to be not complex and easy to use. so if i can just drag and move the control poiint coliders it will really improve my project and saves at least two months of work :D.
    Thanks again for AC. I Love it and say thank you every day i work with it.

• I have imported Obi in My AC project and It works fine. I just add Obi colider to all GameObjects involved and it is all good.