Forum rules - please read before posting.

Wiki Crouch Script Colider

edited September 2023 in Technical Q&A

I am using the Wiki Crouch script . and my game is 3d direct.
The Wiki way to crouch ,turns AC player colider off and uses a new colider which does not work with triggers. For example when the player sneakwalks to a trigger, nothing happens. is there any easy way to fix this problem?

Comments

• I'm not sure but an idea how to narrow it down:

How are the Colliders setup?
    Are they on seperate Gameobjects under the Player Root?

Could you check what happens when crouching and pause the play mode and see if your Collider is active?

The standard setting for the Trigger is to check for the Player, you could try changing what the Trigger Detects under it's Properties, and put in your Crouch Collider to see if it works that way.
    Then you'd know if something is wrong in the setup.

• Contrary to what the wiki page states, the two colliders don't need to be on separate GameObjects.

Try placing them both on the root, and then re-assign them in the Inspector. To distinguish between them when assigning them, click-and-drag the each collider's header in the Inspector - rather than opening the drop-down selector field inside the script field.

• Thank you snan for your Help I have tried them but now ChrisIceBox have gave us a more straightforward answer.
    Thank you Chris, I now made 2 capsule coliders with two diff. sizes for my Player Gameobject and as you said drag-dropped my second colider into the crouch Script.
    It seems it works well.
    thank you

• Just a correction of my reply
    "...drag-dropped my second colider into the Wiki Crouch script Component's colider field.