Forum rules - please read before posting.

Trigger's actionlist turn on object's component variable?

Hi Chris,

Can Trigger's actionlist turn on object's component var?
I have an object with collider, trigger and component var (a boolean), and I would like if the object be hit with any object, it will change the component var of the object to true. I set the trigger action list source to asset and already link the collider parameter with the trigger action list parameter (component variable). The action list start with playing a dialogue and then turn on the boolean component var of the object. In test, the dialogue can be played but the object's component var can't be changed? So what is the problem? Would you pls advise, thanks.

Comments

• Can you show Screenshots of your actionlist and the component on the Inspector of the Object, that you are trying to change the value of?

If i understand correctly, you are using a Trigger on an Object with a Collider?
    Is it possible that the Collider is as big as the Trigger, so it never gets activated, because things just bounce off of it.
    You have to make the Trigger bigger, so whatever hits it gets registered.

It's like having a Box that's open on top, but the collider of it is a Box, so you can never get in, you know what i mean?

• Is the Variables component attached to the object that the Trigger is colliding with?

If so, and you're assigning that object as a GameObject parameter via the Trigger's Collider parameter field, then you can use that parameter to override the Variable: Set Action's Variable field after setting its Source to Component.

Once done, you'll need to manually assign the variable's ID and type in the Action. So long as this is consistent for any object that the Trigger can collide with, though, it'll get updated when the Trigger runs.

Otherwise, screenshots of both the object/Trigger and the ActionList will help clarify the situation.