Forum rules - please read before posting.

Windows cursor issues with rewired and controller setup.

Greetings!

I've run into an issue I can't resolve. I've tried to setup AC with rewired to be able to utilize mouse, keyboard and controller input without having to switch. Everything works fine.

The only problem is that the windows cursor still moves around in the background and can wander off over to the second screen, even though confine system cursor to game window is set active. Could it be that this is somehow overridden by rewired?

Cheers and have a splendid weekend!

Tilly

Comments

• Does the cursor remain where it should do without Rewired? If so, then yes - at least, it's possible Rewired is involved.

Is the system cursor intended to be shown at all? What's your Cursor Manager's "Cursor rendering" field set to? If not Hardware, then AC will hide the cursor - so if it's showing, it's likely being shown again by another asset.

• It's set to software, always keep withing screen boundary and confine system cursor to game window. I discovered a workaround today, even though I don't understand it (I am still very new to scripting though).

I made an option to change the input method by calling an event in an actionlist via a menu to switch from mouse and keyboard to controller or keyboard.

If I make the game start in mouse and keyboard mode first, and then switch to controller or keyboard everything works out fine and the mouse behaves correctly in both input modes. :smile: