Forum rules - please read before posting.

Toggle right click Interaction Cycling in Actionlist

Hello! I'm looking for a way to temporarily disable right click interaction cycling in my game without pausing it.
Does anyone know of a quick and easy way to do this?

Cheers and thanks in advance!

Comments

• You can use active inputs for that, and disable/enable it with Action "Input: Toggle Active".

Window: AC -> Editors -> Active Inputs Editor. There you can set it up, and just leave it's availability on normal. Fill in the rest, how you set it up in your Input Manager.

• Thanks a ton! 🙌🏾
  • A general solution - when it comes to altering Manager field values - is to have a script that alters it at runtime. This tutorial overs the process - the only difference would be which field you have your script reference.

@snan: Is this with the intent of overriding the default input? Sounds interesting, but I'm not sure that's currently possible - at least intentionally.

• @ChrisIceBox I used this to disable the ability to open a Menu, that opens manually with a specified Button from the Input Manager, and activate/deactivate it through Triggers that use that action.

I thought it would work the same, sorry if that was wrong :(

• No trouble - I appreciate the help answering questions, and it's given me an idea for a non-coding solution.

As part of the next release, I'll introduce an Input: Simulate Action that can be used to simulate the pressing of an input button. With this, you could remove the CycleCursors input from the Input Manager, and instead have an Active Input (mapped to a different input) that simulates it instead when run. That way, you can disable the Active Input to remove the ability to invoke the CycleCursors input without coding.

• edited August 2023

I'm so sorry for not getting back to this until now as I was so busy with bugfixing and beta feedback. Looking forward to your new solution, @ChrisIceBox .

I used the mentioned tutorial to simply toggle AC.CursorManager.cycleCursors whenever necessary!

The only thing that worries me ist that the console shows that the script must derive from AC's Action Class to be available as an Action even though it works.

Now our demo is almost ready! AC is awesome!

• Now I did run into the problem that the build keeps failing because of the error in the script.

• I actually only had the script saved in the wrong directory. Wow. I guess it's too late for working. Seems to work great now!