Forum rules - please read before posting.

Bringing Blend Shape animation into Unity

Hi i want to bring face animation from Blender to Unity. I created the face animation with blend shapes and when i try to import it in Unity i don't get the animation of the blend shapes but just the rigged animation. 

Can can anyone please tell me the pipeline to get a face animation into Unity. If the brain animation demo is explained also would be fine. 

Thanks

Comments

• Maybe this video can be of help:
  • Hi thanks for the video. i saw this already before but still this helps to animate in Unity like blend shapes but not in any other 3d software and bring that animation in . ! 

Any how i found another alternate way out of no option. I rigged the face with bones, so that i can bring that too. Blender Pitchipoy Rig is good for that stuff.. Still if any one find a way to bring blend shapes in, let me know . 

Thanks

• I don't believe you can bring a BlendShape animation into Unity from Blender - I've tried it myself.

What you can do, though, is attach the Shapeable script to your Skinned Mesh Renderer object. With that, you can sort your BlendShapes into categories, and animate them using the Object: Bend shape Action.  You can also use AC's Lipsyncing tools to animate a BlendShape face on the fly.  The Physics demo makes use of this feature for the opening cutscene.

A tutorial on Blendshape-based lipsyncing can be found here.