Forum rules - please read before posting.

Float Variable Range

edited August 2023 in Technical Q&A

Hi,
Just to double-check, is this the correct way to check a float variable?
https://imgur.com/a/hgeJxSL

I wanted to use 'ActionList: Run in parallel', but it seems like it doesn't work properly. Should I avoid using 'ActionList: Run in parallel' to check each range in the 'Variable: Check' set?

Thank you.

Comments

• Just to double-check, is this the correct way to check a float variable?

That's the right way to check if a float's value is within a given range, yes.

Though, currently Action #15 (the "failure" branch) will only run if the value > 0. If you want it to run at all times that Action #14 does not run, have the first Variable: Check Action's If condition is not met output re-wire to Action 15.

I wanted to use 'ActionList: Run in parallel' to make it look more organized, but it seems like it doesn't work properly

The ActionList: Run in parallel Action is intended for running multiple branches of Actions simultaneously. If each branch had its own check for the variable value, the logic would become an "OR" gate instead of an "AND". That is to say, either >0 or <15 would be valid - causing any value to be accepted as correct.

• Thanks for your advice and clarification!