Forum rules - please read before posting.

Inventory Property with ID 1 not found

Hello Everyone,
I updated Unity to 2023 alpha and I got some errors and thought of going back to 2022

The problem is when I downgraded unity I got this following error from AC Menu

"Inventory Property with ID 1 not found"
"Inventory Property with ID 2 not found"
"Inventory Property with ID 3 not found"
"Inventory Property with ID 4 not found"

I'm not sure how to fix it..

Comments

• What are the error messages in full, and do you have your game's Managers assigned?

Check that your Inventory Manager has properties listed in the Properties tab.

• The Message in full :

Inventory Property with ID 2 not found

-> AC debug logger
    UnityEngine.Debug:LogWarning (object,UnityEngine.Object)
    AC.ACDebug:LogWarning (object,UnityEngine.Object) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Static/ACDebug.cs:33)
    AC.MenuLabel:GetPropertyDisplayValue (int,AC.InvInstance) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Menu/Menu classes/MenuLabel.cs:705)
    AC.MenuLabel:GetPropertyDisplayValue (int) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Menu/Menu classes/MenuLabel.cs:657)

Yes I do have the properties
    and my game managers are assigned.

• Is that the full message? There should be more to it.

I'll attempt a recreation - thanks for the report. However, it's not recommended to use an alpha version of Unity, as it may contain issues as it is still under development.

• Inventory Property with ID 6 not found

-> AC debug logger
    UnityEngine.Debug:LogWarning (object,UnityEngine.Object)
    AC.ACDebug:LogWarning (object,UnityEngine.Object) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Static/ACDebug.cs:33)
    AC.MenuLabel:GetPropertyDisplayValue (int,AC.InvInstance) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Menu/Menu classes/MenuLabel.cs:705)
    AC.MenuLabel:GetPropertyDisplayValue (int) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Menu/Menu classes/MenuLabel.cs:657)
    AC.MenuLabel:UpdateLabelText (int) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Menu/Menu classes/MenuLabel.cs:503)
    AC.MenuLabel:PreDisplay (int,int,bool) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Menu/Menu classes/MenuLabel.cs:422)
    AC.PlayerMenus:UpdateElements (AC.Menu,int,bool) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Controls/PlayerMenus.cs:1587)
    AC.PlayerMenus:UpdateMenu (AC.Menu,int,bool,bool) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Controls/PlayerMenus.cs:1545)
    AC.PlayerMenus:UpdateAllMenus () (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Controls/PlayerMenus.cs:2156)
    AC.StateHandler:Update () (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Game engine/StateHandler.cs:245)

Sorry, this is the full message.

Thanks Chris!

• Thanks. Would you be able to PM me your game's Managers?

The errors concern your Hotspot/Inventory menus. If they make use of Unity UI, I'll also need their respective Linked Canvas Prefabs.

• edited July 2023

It looks like the message is technically correct - though I should re-word it to be more clear.

Your Label elements are set up to display specific Property values, but your Properties are limited to certain categories. If the selected Inventory item is in a Category that doesn't support a given Property, this warning will appear.

It doesn't look related to your Unity version, and if the behaviour of the Menu itself has no issues, I'd say it's safe to ignore.