Forum rules - please read before posting.

Moving the slider in AC menu by joystick

Hi Chris,

I am using the default option AC menu. No problems when using the mouse to control the slider. It is smooth.
But when I use joystick to move the slider, in most of the time. The moveable block will move very far even I just slightly moving the joystick x axis.
I use the old default input system. Not the new unity input system. I use the default data in Horizontal. And no matter I adjust the gravity/dead/sensitivity, it does not help, the moveable block still move very far.

I am using AC 1.75.4 and Unity version is 2021.3.10f1
Please help, thanks a lot.

Comments

• Improvements to the direct-navigation of Sliders were introduced in v1.77.4.

In a backup/duplicate project, import the latest release - is the behaviour better?

• Hi, Chris,

I try to create a new project and import the AC 1.77.4
    But I got the same result, the slider move so fast!

After imported AC, I create the new game. And in the scene, I add a onstart cutscene to enable the direct nav menu. And in the menu manager, I tick all the 3 direct nav menu options. Finally, I setup Menu and interactionA input in input manager, fill in the positive keys by joystick keys.

The joystick works fine in AC menu. Navigating the menu has no problems with joystick. But when I call the default menu and go to options. When I want to slide the music volume slider, the slider moves so fast after only a slight pushing with joystick x axis. I try different controller but the same result.

I used all the default setting, so I am wondering is anything goes wrong? Do you have any comments, thanks.

• Open up MenuSlider.cs and change line 763:

float amount = Time.unscaledDeltaTime;

to:

float amount = Time.unscaledDeltaTime * 0.2f;

Replacing "0.2" with the speed factor to apply. What value gives better control on your end?