Forum rules - please read before posting.

NPC using a different font?

edited May 2023 in Technical Q&A

I have a cutscene that is a separate scene of changing images with a narration, I wanted the subtitles to use a different font than the player, I can only find a way to change colour though. I have it set up at the moment where it displays separate menus for each line of text, this works well as I can position them, use a different font and fade the menus in and out, will this come back to bite me in the arse eventually? like the do not destroy on load thing maybe? will this slow down the game after that scene? ( I haven't noticed though) is there a better way to do this? I'm wondering if there is a way to use an NPC instead that can somehow use a different font. Thanks

Comments

• When you don't select a player or an NPC to say a speech line, that line is considered a narration line. So if you duplicate your subtitle menu and change the copy's "For speakers of type:" option to "Narration Only", this means this copy will only be displayed when a narration line is spoken. You can then change the new menu's colour and leave your regular speech menu alone.

Also, if your original subtitle menu's "For speakers of type:" option was set to "All", don't forget to change it to "Characters Only", or else both menus will be displayed at the same time.

• That worked perfectly! Thanks Rairun