Forum rules - please read before posting.

Version 1.42 - Game is stuck when "face after moving" and "wait until finish" are used

edited February 2015 in Technical Q&A
(copied it out of the original discussion for the sake of overview)

When "Face after Moving" is enabled in an hotspot's "Examine Interaction" field, the waiting cursor appears and the game stops forever. Is this a bug or did i do anything wrong? 

Plus: I tried to add "Character - Face Direction/FaceObject" Actions to Interactions and discovered something else: When "Wait until finish" is selected, it also stops, BUT when "Is instant" is selected, it works. I changed this now for all my interactions and everything is fine for now.

Issue occurs since I upgraded to AC 1.42 and Unity 4.6.2.

edit: I have no Idea why this emoticon shows up here

Comments

• 1.42 fixed a bug in which the "Turning speed" variable in 2D characters was ignored.  That may be the cause - if it was set to zero before, it wouldn't have mattered.

I'm not sure what else it could be - testing with the 3D/2D demo games, and I can't recreate the problem.
  • HA, that's it!! Sorry for wasting your time, it was my fault: I had "Turn Speed" set to zero, don't ask me why :( I set it to 50 now and it's working perfectly again :) Thanks!!
  • Hah, was experiencing this issue too after upgrading. If turning speed is set to zero, many of my interactions were not starting.