Forum rules - please read before posting.

Issue updating from 1.75.3 to 1.75.6

Hi, Chris!

After updating, my game doesn't really work. Clicking to move won't work at all. Hotspots will work if I click on them several times (my ESC menu does the same, I need to hit ESC a bunch of times before it works). I've noticed that while the game is running, in every scene, right above DontDestroyOnLoad in the hierarchy, two objects keep being created and destroyed several times a second: Gameplay_TurnOn and Gameplay_TurnOff. If I roll back the Adventure Creator folder within the project, it goes back to working normally. Any idea what could be happening?

Comments

• edited August 2022

Right, I forgot I'd done this, but:

I have a "Gameplay" menu whose appear type is "During Gameplay". It doesn't have any elements: all it does is run the ActionLists "Gameplay_TurnOn" and "Gameplay_TurnOff" when it's turned on and off, respectively.

Gameplay_TurnOn unlocks the InteractBottom menu, while Gameplay_TurnOff locks it.

The InteractBottom menu consists of a simple label whose appear type is "On Hotspot".

Basically, this was my way of having the appear type as "On Hotspot" ONLY during gameplay. The problem after updating is that now it enters some sort of loop? If I lock the "Gameplay" menu, then the game works as normal.

• edited August 2022

I also rely on the "Gameplay" menu so that my inventory icon will only open the actual inventory menu during gameplay - I check for the Gameplay menu visibility, and only open the inventory menu if it returns true.

• Reproduction steps:

• Create a new Adventure Creator project.
    • Assign the 2D Demo Managers and open the 2D Demo scene.
    • Create a "Gameplay" menu and set its appear type to "During Gameplay".
    • Create two ActionLists and assign them to the menu's "turn on" and "turn off" fields.
    • Inside each ActionList, create an action to display a console error.
    • Run the 2D Demo and notice how it locks up as soon as the game enters gameplay mode, as well as all the hundreds of console errors generated.
  • If your ActionLists block gameplay, then turning the menu on would result in a cutscene - causing the menu to turn off again.

Try setting the When running fields of the two lists to Run In Background.

• Oh! It's often the most obvious things, lol. Thank you! Strange that this wasn't the behaviour before the update in the first place.