Forum rules - please read before posting.

Does "Load 2D demo" overwrite my game?

(Adventure creator 1.74.5)

Scenario:

• Create a new Adventure Creator game
  • Start modifying some random settings or scene hierarchy
  • Go to menu bar : Adventure Creator --> Getting Started --> Load 2D demo.
  • You see that a whole lot of new entries appeared in the Hierarchy

Questions :
1. Did it overwrite anything from my own game?
2. Is it reversible?

Comments

• AC should have created a new set of managers exclusively for your game (which then would just need to be reassigned). You should have a ManagerPackage asset that can assign all the individual managers for your game.

So the answer is that (1) yes, by loading the 2D demo, you've assigned all the 2D demo managers to be used instead of your own; and (2) yes, the change is reversible, as long you originally followed the correct procedure to create a new AC game. In fact, whenever you update to a new version of AC, you will need to reassign your game's managers like this again.

• AC should have created a new set of managers exclusively for your game (which then would just need to be reassigned). You should have a ManagerPackage asset

OK I'm assuming that you're referring to the new folder "AdventureCreator" that exists under my Assets and that somehwere in there there's a subfolder containing that "ManagerPackage" you're talking about.
    So, creating the demo automatically assigned the "Asset file" field of every Game Editor Tab ("Scene", "Settings", etc.) to the corresponding Demo2D_XXXManager.

To reverse the change, I just need to reassign each of those "Asset file" fields to my own managers (if any) and then delete the "Demo" and "2D Demo" Asset folders under "AdventureCreator".

• Deleting the Demo and 2DDemo folders is not necessary, but possible if you have no need for them.

Rairun is referring to the Managers created upon using AC's "New Game Wizard", which is the first step to creating a new game. Doing so will ensure that your game's files are not shared by any of the demo games, so that you can freely switch between the demo games and your own without losing data.

A guide to using the New Game Wizard can be found here.

If your Managers are switched to another set, due to e.g. loading up the 2D Demo, you can revert them back to your own set by double-clicking your game's "ManagerPackage" file - avoiding the need to assign each Manager asset manually.