Forum rules - please read before posting.

Objects Disappear when set to Raycast Layer

Is there a fix for this? Hard to work with object when you just see the wireframe outline. Thanks

Comments

• Do you mean the "Ignore Raycast" layer?  What objects are you affecting, exactly.  The layer an object is on shouldn't affect it's visibility directly - you'll need to be really clear about what is happening.  Screenshots of the problem would help me give you the right answer.
  • Yes sorry, when I set an object to the Ignore Raycast layer it disappears and when you click on the object in the list you only see the outside wireframe.  I'll do some additional testing and include a screenshot.
  • Just tested this again, any object I set to the layer: Ignore Raycast disappears, I am not sure how to take a screenshot of this because you see the object then you don't.  So the only thing you would see is the wireframe. 
  • You probably have the Ignore Raycast layer visibility switched off. Check its setting in the Layers dropdown in the top right corner of the main Unity window.
  • No Snebjorn the eye icon is there, but thanks for trying.
  • Well now all is working correctly, I started having trouble with my mouse click N drag so called in Geek Squad who reset my my mouse settings and restarted the computer.  I do not know how this effected Adventure Creator but things are working now including object staying visible when setting to raycast layer.

I also deleted Unity, cleaned up my computer and reinstalled the current version.