Forum rules - please read before posting.

Weird bug with subtitles menu not showing up on android in 1 scene

edited July 2021 in Technical Q&A

Hi there,
I have a Unity Prefab source for with ac's menu system, that works and shows up perfectly fine in the editor but when I built it to my phone, it doesn't show up at all. But only for 1 scene.

My dialogue is a "pause gameplay" actionlist and it does pause, and I can still click through to get through the invisible dialogue meaning it is there, but I cant see the menu itself. If that makes sense? So my game is still paused as if it was there and I have to click the screen as if I was clicking through the dialogue until the actionlist ends, but I cant actually see it.

I have a UI resizing animation (just an IsLandscape variable and animator variable, which works great), no problem with all my other menus that use it.

All of my other menus work, they are Unity Prefab as well. Its just the subtitles menu in particular causing problems.
I have also tried making dialogue in a different scene and the problem persists so its not scene specific.

https://imgur.com/a/7NHaDlJ

I tried it with a different scene and I can see it fine there, but not in this particular one.

Does anyone have any ideas what could be causing this?

EDIT: Ok to make it even more weird, if I build that problematic scene on its own it works. But if I build it with all my scenes, then it doesn't.....?

Thanks so much :)

Comments

• OK I've managed to narrow it down - in my loading screen scene, I turned off the Menus so that people couldnt accidentally click on stuff while they were 'in' the loading screen, I sorta assumed everything would re-enable when going to a new scene (my bad). Deleting that action fixed it.

Is there a way to re-enable everything again when loading a new screen or do I need to add it as an action on start for every scene?

• How are you "turning off the Menus" in the loading screen, exactly? By turning off / locking them individually, or disabling the whole Menu system?

Menus should not be interactive inside loading scene - are you finding that this is the case?