Forum rules - please read before posting.

Card Game Feature

Comments

• But if i do that i get errors

• Okay this is what i get if i carry them on start.
    What i want is that they show them selves when you are interacting with the npc that you have them in front of the player.

• edited February 2021

Yes, I understand.

The problem is that you are assigning prefabs in the Transform fields - not scene objects. These fields are for Transforms in the scene that the cards should appear at - not the cards themselves.

Create three new empty GameObjects in your scene. Name them "Left Transform", "Middle Transform", and "Right Transform", and then assign them in the three Transform fields in the component's Inspector.

Then, in the Scene window, arrange them in front of the first-person camera so that they appear at the bottom of the camera's view. When the cards are spawned, they will be placed at the same positions as these Transforms.

• I am going to test it right now

• It works thanks for your help

• I have another question. How can I make my cards clickable so that you can swtich between the cards and maybe make a option to use them?

• Interesting thread. I'd like to make a very small solitaire game with AC.

HugoMoritz, I think you gonna need to attach hotspot and collider components in order to register clicks on your prefabed cards.

• What do you mean by "switch between the cards"?

For them to be interactive, you will need to attach Hotspot and Collider components to your card prefabs. They'll then be treated as regular Hotspots.

What Actions (or possibly scripting) you rely on, however, will depend on what it is exactly you want to do.

• SkyTree is only works when the player is close to the cards, because I have interaction method choose hotspot and than interact.

• The "Interaction method" only affects how a given Hotspot is used - not which Hotspots are interactive and when. That is mainly set by the "Hotspot detection method".

Please describe your issue and situation in detail.

• Okay when you interact with the NPC I want that as player you can use the cards that I spawned in.

• edited February 2021

As has been said, you need to make the card prefabs interactive by attaching Collider and Hotspot components. If you have done so and they are not interactive, share your full Settings Manager and screenshots of a card prefab's Inspector. There is just not enough detail yet to give further advice.

• You want to hover with your mouse over the cards and get options like
    Use or Don't Use.
    If you say Use the other cards disapear.
    If you say Don't Use than it will just stay default.

• I did gave the prefab collider and hotspot script.

• What settings do you want to have screenshots of.

• edited February 2021

The same - but uncropped. I need to see your full prefab Inspector, and full Settings Manager.

What exactly is the issue? Do the Hotspot labels appear, or is nothing responding at all?

Also, enable the AC Status box at the bottom of the Settings Manager. What does it say when the issue occurs?

• The hotspot labels do appear but after that nothing works and you can move with the player again and that is not what I want.

• You can use the Engine: Manage systems Action to lock the Movement system at the same time that you change the camera.

For Hotspots that are in prefabs, and so are not present in the scene file, you need to rely on ActionList assets for their Interactions.

In the prefab's Hotspot, set the Interaction source to Asset File, and you can then assign an ActionList asset file to run when the Hotspot is interacted with.

To make your Card Hotspot interactions one-click (no need to cycle a menu as with other Hotspots), check Single 'Use' Interaction? in the Hotspot Inspector.

• I did everything but not the Engine Manage Systems where can i find it