Forum rules - please read before posting.

Different Subtitle Setup for Specific Character

I am looking to utilize a different subtitle background image only for a specific character. I've found the option to have it load for all but a certain character, but I'm not seeing a way to swap out that menu background image for that character. Is something like this possible? Thanks!

Comments

• Unless you resort to scripting to modify your Subtitles menu depending on the speaking character, you need to create a second Subtitles menu - with the altered appearance - specifically for that second character.

In the same way that your original Subtitles menu can have its For speakers of type field set to All Except Specific Characters, your modified Subtitles menu can have this set to Specific Characters Only.

• Beautiful, thank you!

• I tried specifying the characters for 2 different subtitles menus, but it is not working. When there are 2 menus under DontDestroyOnLoad, either turn active during conversation, and thus yield an error of "Coroutine couldn't be started because the the game object 'Super Text Dummy' is inactive!"

I am using Unity 2019.4.6f1, and AC1.71.8.

Would it be related to the fact that I cannot drag RectTransformBoundary into the menu field in Unity 2019.4? In fact how may I do that?

• What is the error message in full? I'm not clear of the context - please share screens and details on how your Menus are set up. Be aware though, that each Unity UI-based Menu requires its own associated prefab.

I cannot drag RectTransformBoundary into the menu field in Unity 2019.4?

There shouldn't be such a limitation. You're dragging it while in Prefab Mode?

• edited October 2020

I found out what happened. It seems that AC.EventManager.OnStartSpeech is called before the Canvas gameObject become active. So AC.EventManager.OnStartSpeech += GetSpeech; is not called in time and the Unity UI is not getting the dialog.

I've made another post about it:
    https://www.adventurecreator.org/forum/discussion/10706/ac-eventmanager-onstartspeech-happens-before-the-subtitle-menu-canvas-game-object-onenable-function/p1?new=1