Forum rules - please read before posting.

Blank ActionList Editor

Hi everyone,

It's my first month using Unity (2019.4.0f1 Personal, Windows 7) and second day with AC v1.71.5. Enjoying both immensely and learning as much and as fast as I possibly can. Thank you, Chris, for this wonderful tool. It's opening a whole new world to my non-coding imagination. :smiley:

Currently going through the 2.5D game tutorial, copying Chris's every single move. I got to the point when the ActionList Editor is opened by clicking on the icon next to the "steps: Exit to" interaction. AC opens the ActionList Editor window, but it's completely blank. I attach a screenshot of the workspace and the Console (https://imgur.com/0avEN8U) and would be very grateful for any suggestion/solution. Many thanks!

Comments

• Here are some more details from the Console.

• I'm also getting this.

• And finally this. The errors stopped multiplying when I closed the ActionList Editor tab.

• Welcome to the community, @JadeVine. Apologies for the trouble so early on with your time with AC.

Fortunately, though, the errors all look to be pointing to the same thing - that the NodeSkin asset file is incorrect.

Were you using a previous version of AC before importing v1.71.5? If so, which one? This asset file does get changed from time to time, so it's necessary to include it in the import process.

The file itself can be found in /Assets/AdventureCreator/Graphics/Skins/ACNodeSkin.guiskin.

Try re-importing this file only from the Asset Store. If this has no effect, select the file in it's Inspector and find the "Custom Styles" section. The "Size" field should be set to 30 - if it's less, try increasing it. Things won't look quite right, but it should at least stop the ActionList Editor from displaying.

• Thank you for the prompt reply, @ChrisIceBox. Never used AC before, this is the first and only version I have. Re-importing did it. Very excited to be able to move on. :smiley: