Forum rules - please read before posting.

Importing speech dialog modified in a csv file

edited April 2020 in Engine development

I used the Gather Text function and exported the speech dialog. But after editing the dialogs, I cannot find an option to import the modified dialog into the Original language. As the import window only allows me to choose to import as a translation. Is there a way or work around to import modified csv as the original language? I think this would be a very useful feature.

Otherwise, are there ways I can put the speech dialogs into a file, and then put a tag with the id of the lines inside the Speech actions, in order to display the dialog using the Speech actions?

Comments

• Is there a way or work around to import modified csv as the original language?

Create at least one language in the Speech Manager, and then check Don't use at runtime? besides the Original language. Your new language (which defaults to the original text) will then be used in place of it - and you can overwrite it with CSV files.

• It works, but the downside is the changes won't show up in the ActionLists. So the dialogs have to be changed in the csv always.

Would you consider implementing a feature that the dialogs can be imported to the original language and shown in Actionlist? Or is it impossible to do?

• It's not impossible, but not something too "safe". I shall give it some consideration, however.

• Thank you

• I've been looking into it, and I should think this will be possible after all. I'll see about including it as part of v1.71.