Forum rules - please read before posting.

From Chat Mapper to Adventure Creator

Hello everybody!
So far I've written down all my dialogues with Chat Mapper and then, through a boring copy-paste, turned them into AC dialogues. I like to keep my dialogues on an Action List, since I'm handling lot of things (variables, inventory items, animations, etc) and AC ActionList Editor is great for that.
However, despite the boring procedure of copy-pasting every single line from Chat Mapper into the ActionList Editor, I've also noticed the ALE window gets super slow when more than 20-30 actions are in there...
So my question is: is there a way to export from Chat Mapper and re-import into Adventure Creator, turning the Chat Mapper Dialogues into Actions?
I've read the manual and the wiki sample with Articy::Draft, but for what I understood is still keeping Articy dialogue and not an AC one... (while I want to keep handling variables and such with AC)...
Utopia?

Comments

• edited April 2020

It's possible to generate Actions from code - see the Manual's "Generating ActionList through script" chapter.

If you have a means to import ChatMapper's exported data into Unity, it would be possible to extract that data and convert into a series of speech Actions that can be added to a list, i.e.:

ActionSpeech.CreateNew (myCharacter, "My speech text");

However, for a ready-made integration between the two - consider Dialogue System, which integrates with both.

• Thanks! And yes, I own Dialogue System for a different project, and I've tried it with AC, but wasn't completely happy... might give it a second though...