Forum rules - please read before posting.

ActionList Editor (request and a bug...?)

Dear Chris,
first I'd like to report a bug I'm having for quite a long time (but can't remember when it started and how it started).
Unity 2019.1.4f1
AC 1.69.4
I haven't updated AC yet so I'm not sure if it was fixed or what...
Anyway, the problem I'm having is that the "ActionList Editor" window sometime is not refreshing. I can't tell you how to recreate it, because it happens randomly. Sometime I click an action list on my assets folder, then I click an action list on my scene, and in the ActionList Editor window I still see the one in the asset, I click again the one in the scene and nothing changes. The only way to refresh it is to click the Adventure Creator top menu, and choose "ActionList Editor". That way it refreshes. But not each time I click on an action list. Very annoying... Am I the only one who ever reported this?

The second is a request for the ActionList Editor. And it's the possibility to "Auto-Arrange" only the selected actions. Now if I click "Auto Arrange" all the actions in the editor are re-arranged. Then I can "align" horizontally or vertically the selected actions, but not "Auto-Arrange" them. It'll be very very useful, especially when you have tons of actions at the same time (like during dialogues) and you'd like to arrange only a portion of them, for instance to keep them separated "in blocks".
So my 2 cents are for the "Auto-Arrange Selected"!

Thanks a lot.

Comments

• Sometime I click an action list on my assets folder, then I click an action list on my scene, and in the ActionList Editor window I still see the one in the asset,

What clicks, specifically? Double-clicks on the asset file, and single-clicks on the scene ActionList's Hierarchy icon?

You can unlock the ActionList Editor window to always show the currently-selected ActionList at the bottom of the toolbar. While its locked, you have to use the above click types to change what is selected.

So my 2 cents are for the "Auto-Arrange Selected"!

Will consider.

• So basically the double click on assets actions locks the ActionList Editor... (didn't know that) But then if I single click the actionlist on hierarchy or assets, is not unlocking the one I double clicked previously (on assets). I've to do it manually. I mean, the only way to unlock is pressing the lock icon at the bottom of the toolbar.

• Single-clicking the node icon in the Hierarchy, not its name, should unlock the ActionList Editor and display it for the new ActionList. Is that not what you're experiencing?

• Ahhhh ok, I was clicking the name! My fault! All good now. Thanks!