Forum rules - please read before posting.

NavMeshAgent

Hi,
I added the NavMeshAgentIntegration script to my Player, because I think obstacle avoidance will be much easier that way.It works but my character is not moving to where i click.I use Point and Click movement.I want to use this method because i am sick of placing static obstacles to make my character avoid obstacles.
Thanks for help.

Comments

• Don't forget to:

- set your AC scene to use Unity navigation.
    - put your walkable meshes or terrain on the NavMesh layer
    - bake navigation for your scene
  • Hi,
    i have one Navmesh for the whole scene. If this Navmesh is turned on it shows the behaviour i have described above. If it is turned off and if i use the Navmesh which i baked, my Player is not moving.
    Thanks for help.
  • Hi,
    i got it i just forgot to rebake when my Navmeshsegment was active.
    Thanks for your help.
  • Hi,
    i have a new problem with my Navmesh Agent (Player). I use the Navmesh Agent Integration script. Point and click movement works fine. But there is a problem. When i click somewhere else on the Navmesh before my Player reaches the original aim, he slides to the original aim first without a walking animation and then walks normally to the new aim.
    Thanks for help.
  • It'll be down to a combination of your NavMeshAgent component (not the integration) script and your Animator settings.  You'll need to update your Animator such that it plays more realistic animations when moving slowly and turning sharply.
  • As Chris mentioned, this is most likely a mecanim issue. 

In your animator, untick "Has Exit Time" in the transitions for all your locomotion animations (walk, run, idle, etc). Else, it will take some time to transition between animations (ie: when the character starts moving, it'll take some time to transition from idle to walk, so, for a moment, it will look like sliding). 

Once Has Exit Time is unticked you'll get better transitions. 
  • Hi,
    Has Exit Time was already unticked. I will send some pictures. I think Chris is right but i don't know how to do it.
    Thanks for help.
  • Hi,
    good news. I solved the problem. I set the bake settings of the Unity Navigation tab to standard values and played around with some settings in the Nav Mesh Agent and it works.
    Thanks.