Forum rules - please read before posting.

Adding video with sound

Help needed, i'm trying to add a video clip to a Television in my scene so when the player clicks the tv the video plays. I have a couple of issues and it's driving me crazy. Firstly I tried creating a cube and made it the same size as the Tv screen, then made it a hotpot. I used game engine play video, this works fine but there is no sound, i then select to add sound but it will not let me add any sound file. I have tried mp3, then i changed it to an ogg file and it wont let me add this either. I have tried to add a material with the video as the material but still no sound. Probably an easy fix but a noob and have run out of ideas. Thanks in advance for any help. 

Comments

• edited May 2017
    Hi, and welcome to the Adventure Creator forums @Tonyuk100. Yeah, I remember once getting confused about this too, but it's a matter of naming confusion. The thing is AC isn't asking for an AudioClip, it wants an object with the Sound script (Hence the box has the "Sound" name, as it's the component type - this is how Unity shows what needs to be inputted in a slot, the coder has no way to change the text in the slot - other than renaming his component, which could result in further confusion). 

Anyway, all you need to do is create an AudioSource from the scene manager or create an audiosource manually and add the Sound script to it, then you'll be able to slot it in. You can then just put the AudioClip you want to play on the AudioSource (you'll want to untick Play on Awake too).
  • Hi @Tonyul100 ;

I ran into the same problem earlier this weekend! Like @Alverik said, it doesn't work to just make an AudioSource component, you have to make it an AC Sound source through the Adventure Creator SceneManager menu for it to show up as an option
  • Thanks for the help Alverik & Clairesquare, got it working with your help