Forum rules - please read before posting.

Intergrating Toon Boom Harmony into Unity / Adventure Creator

Hi all,

It has been quite some time since I've used Unity / Adventure creator however I'd like to start working on games again.

If possible I'd like to use Harmony as my source of character animations as I've become very familiar with it. Also I have some character drawings I'd like to bring across.

As the title of this discussion suggests, I am trying to take 2D character animations made in Toon Boom's Harmony and use them in Adventure Creator.

Toon Boom have created a package that aid with the integration into Unity itself but I'm not sure if it's compatible with Adventure Creator.

I'd like my work flow to be as follows,

1. Draw  / Adapt existing drawings in Toon Boom.
2. Export to my desktop
3. Import into Unity
4. Use with Adventure Creator

Here are 2 tutorial videos I found relating to integrating Harmony with Unity.

Despite working on some basic games before my knowledge of the workings behind it is limited. Any advice on the subject is welcomed.

Thanks,
Jason.

Comments

• The tutorial's not too clear, but if an imported Toon Boom character can be animated using Unity's Animator component then you should be able to use it with AC easily enough.  Sprites Unity Complex mode gives you full control over how a character is animated - see Section 3.9 of the Manual.

Failing that, you can write a custom animation script that serves as a link between AC and any animation system you want.  See Section 12.5 for more on that.
  • Thanks for getting back to me Chris. I didn't have any luck at first so i went looking for some kind of work around. After many hours of searching, I found what looks to be an easy fix. I'll let you know how I go.
  • Hi if you have solved this problem tell us how, it will be really interesting i have just starting with this and i don´t want to get into something doesn´t work :)
    thanks