Forum rules - please read before posting.

[SOLVED] Inventory "Examine" with Choose hotspot then Interaction

edited March 2014 in Technical Q&A
Maybe someone have already found the trick for my request. I'm using point and click with Choose hotspot then interaction, so I don't use the right mouse button and I don't wanna use it. 
When I open the top inventory, I can combine object but I can't examine them! 
I used a temporary workaround: I create a "fake" inventory Item (carry on start) with a Lens icon (in the same style of the interaction icons), so when I combine the various object in the inventory with this Fake object, it calls the InvActionManager related and I can examine it.
The bad thing is that this fake object can be dragged around and isn't so cool to see... 
Let me know if there's another mode to examine inventory object with Choose hotspot then interaction.
Tx in advance!

Comments

• When you've set your Interaction mode to "Choose Hotspot Then Interaction", you get an additional setting to override this for Inventory items. You can set the Inventory interactions setting to "Context Sensitive", which will allow you to use them as though your game was in Context Sensitive mode - i.e. right click examines.
  • Found it, thanx for the advice Chris, I missed it!
  • I'm trying to do this on mobile so I don't have a right mouse button. How do I examine an item this way?
  • If you set your Input method to Touch Screen, two touches counts as a right-click.  Alternatively, you can check "Can drop an Item onto itself to Examine it?" in the Settings Manager (provided it's present, based on the other settings you have).
  • Hello,

I cant seem to find this option. I am also using "Choose Hotspot Then Interaction" but dont see any aditional setting to override it for inventory items. Has this maybe been changed in recent versions?

Best regards
  • The wording may have been changed since then - you want to set the Inventory interactions field to Single, and then Drag and drop inventory interface? will show.  Check that and you will be able to also see Can drop an Item onto itself to Examine it?.