Forum rules - please read before posting.

Android Issue

I just got AC and there seems to be a bug with Android... 

I have 2 scenes, scene 1 has item that can be picked up.  When i exit scene 1 to scene 2, and back to scene 1, everything works well inside the editor.
ie: picked up item stays hidden, unlocked door stays unlocked, etc.

when i run this on android however, leaving scene 2 back to scene 1, everything in scene 1 is reset..

the hotspot name from scene1 that intiates the scene change also gets stickied to the screen..

I ran the log on android and I also noticed this difference (i am not sure if this is the cause to the scene change bug)

editor:
there is no load event on scene change

android:
there is save load event on scene change

Comments

• it seems like 

StateHandler
      is not persisted on scene change for android..  awake getting called on scene change..  

but it doesn't on editor..  this is causing the game to load again.. which is why i think the content is getting reset?

• Welcome to the community, @mrm83.  I'm sorry you're having trouble.  Is there more detail to your error log?  It would help a lot if you could post the full log.  This is a serious problem so will need to be seen to quickly.
  • There are no errors.  Those are the only 2 bugs I noticed on android.

1 - the previous hotspot names being stuck on scene change
    2 - scene resets

I wish I could provide you with more info, but i dont know what else to provide since there are no errors.
  • I'm looking into it now - I will ask here if I need more info, thanks.
  • thanks! i can send you my project if you need it
  • I believe this issue is related to Unity 5.3.x, rather than Android - as it occurs on Desktop builds as well.  I have fixed it and will be issuing a new release shortly - can you confirm which version of Unity you're using?
  • I am using 5.3.0fa
  • OK - update to v1.50g and see if the issue is fixed for you.
  • both issues are fixed!  awesome thanks!
  • I use AC version 1.50b and i have the same problem. How can i fix it ?
  • That's a really old version of AC, @hajbahman, you should update to 1.54 and see if that fixes any issues you are having, then come back and ask for help if you still have issues :)