Forum rules - please read before posting.

How to properly link Unity UI Dropdowns and AC's Menu Cycles?

Hey there! :)

I recently switched from using AC's menu system to Unity's UI, because it just allows me more freedom in designing the GUI's.
However, i now wonder how i properly link the Unity UI Dropdown menus to the AC Cycle menus.

What would be the best way of linking the two together?

Comments

• They can't be linked directly - AC's Cycle element is a specific type of Button that causes the same element to change.  Instead, you'll want to create a separate AC Button element for each UI Dropdown element.
  • Alrighty, but Unity UI Dropdowns are not buttons, are they? At least i don't see them that way, since i cannot pick the individual buttons in the editor window, only the the dropdown itself
  • Oh, I see what you mean.  I'll have a think about it - perhaps the Cycle can be given an option to use Dropdowns, perhaps not.
  • i wrote a custom script that when clicking the button, it changed the scale of panel in y from 0 to 1.

but only works when 'pause game when menu is on' is not checked. so it changes position, otherwise it wont move as game is paused.

Have a look at this :

http://deceptive-games.com/1/DropDownMenu.cs