Forum rules - please read before posting.

Dialogue varying heights

Hi,

The dialogue for my player and NPC's is at varying heights depending on each scene, any reason why this could be?

Comments

• screenshots ?  :P

also, i think the dialogue appears on the edge of a sprite, so it will prolly depend on camera position (closeness) and the size of the character sprites that determines the dialogue position.

Or at least i think anyway
  • If your speech Menu is set to appear Above Speaking Characters, it will be set by the character's collider by default.  You can override this, however, by creating an empty child object to mark the position you want, and assigning it as the Speech menu placement child in your character's Inspector.
  • "assigning it as the Speech menu placement child in your character's Inspector"

Im not sure how to do this myself, but sounds like something I could do with looking into ;)
  • Yep, no idea how to do this either
  • Just worked this out, nice one, you couldn't have explained it simpler!
  • @klarax, did you figure it out? If not, this might help. I haven't actually used this method myself, but it should work this way: http://gfycat.com/DiscreteDistantAardwolf
  • edited January 2016
    No.

I don't think I got that functionality avaliable to me. Stuck using an older version of AC :/
  • @klarax, yeah you need to be on at least 1.50c for that one.