Forum rules - please read before posting.

Follow Tint Map issue

works on all other components f my player except his face!

See screenshot, any ideas?

Comments

• The face image type is set to Advanced and Read/Write Enabled?
  • Where do you mean? I have done nothing to the image itself
  • It was working a couple days ago perfectly

• edited January 2016
    So the image is set to Advanced and with Read/Write Enabled checked? Your reply wasn't clear about that. Even if you haven't done anything to the image itself Unity may have lost this setting because of various reasons.

Whenever the tint map stops working for me this is usually what has happened.
  • Where do i check if it is or not? That's what I was asking ;>
  • I must have misread :)

Select the sprite in the browser and in the Inspector you choose Advanced for the Texture Type, and then tick Read/Write Enabled, if it's not already.
  • The texture type is sprite (2d and UI) as are all my sprites
  • Only the Tint map texture itself need be set to Advanced - not the sprites themselves.

If only his face is working, then check that your FollowTintMap script is on the uppermost-level sprite in the hierarchy, and Affect children too? is checked.
  • edited January 2016
    Edit: Chris answered above :) I was completely off, apparently I'm rustier than I thought I was when it comes to AC!
  • It is only his face on the down idle, walk and talk animation that is not working. Every other possible animation is fine with the tint map affecting the sprites. None of these issues seem to have anything to do with it, as sprites lower in the heirachy have or don't have tint maps and they all work

See video:

• It's almost certainly because not all of your sprite GameObjects are enabled - meaning the script isn't aware of them.  Try enabling all gameobjects when the scene is not running.  If that doesn't solve it, you'll have to add separate FollowTintMap components to each sprite that isn't working.
  • Hi, i tried adding follow tint map components to all parts (even if it is only the face down that isnt affected by the Tint map) how do i enable gameobjects  when the scene is not running?
  • Check the box at the very top of their Inspector.
  • The Head down game object needs to be enabled whenever the sprite faces down, idle, walks or talks down so it is always on unless walking, talking, idle in up or right postioin, so tis sin;t the problem.

the sprite is enabled when necessary but the tint map is only ignoring this layer
  • I understand that.  I'm asking you to enable them all when in Edit mode - the animations presumably disable them again once the game begins.
  • As you have a FollowTintMap that affects children on Walk_D as well as Head, the two are going to conflict because they'll both by trying to change the tint of Head.

What happens if you remove the one on Walk_D (and any other that's above it in the hierarchy)?  Are you controlling the Head object's sprite colour in an animation?
  • It seems that the sprite colour was being adjusted, so sorted now ta