Forum rules - please read before posting.

Document -> Check

edited October 2018 in Technical Q&A

The AC Inventory > Documents is an excellent way of collecting in game text pages/book/leaflets as if they are ‘items’, without having to be in inventory and without having to create a list of Globals for each. We can tag pages/book/leaflets to be carried on start and easily pick up or ‘open/read’ using Document -> Add   or  Document -> Open.    

But... how do I go about checking to see if I have 'collected/carrying' one of my pages/book/leaflets?

With a standard inventory item I can use Inventory - > Check  to see if we are carrying an item, but there is no equivalent Document -> Check feature that I can find? :(

Comments

• edited October 2018
    No need for a sad face - I'll add one.  Bear in mind that you don't need to check before adding a document - it won't add the same one twice.
  • Wonderful  :)   What I am planning is to check if player has certain documents before other scripted events occur, and before other documents / items are discoverable in game etc. 

Out of interest, how do you turn off a Document after using Document -> Open  - I have tried using Turn Off Menu -> MyDocumentWindowName but it won’t close.?

• edited October 2018

I've got the Document Window closing using a Button added to the Document Window set to ‘Turn Off Menu’, but I was wondering how to do this through Action List.

Also, I can’t close a Document Window using the Alternative input button  on the ‘Turn Off Menu’ Button , no matter what I've tried setting that to.

Am I missing something obvious?

I'm using AC - V1.65.0 in the latest non beta Unity
  • There is a bug that prevents the Menu: Change state Action from turning off a Menu with an Appear type of On View Document - this will be fixed in the next release.
  • Ah excellent, I shall look forward to the next update and incorporate the  Document -> Check and use the Menu: Change state for On View Documents once is available – Thank you.