Forum rules - please read before posting.

Papagayo Lipsync used with Addressables

edited March 19 in Technical Q&A

Hi,

I'm trying to figure out if it's possible to use any of the lip-syncing methods (except "From Speech Text") while playing voice files from Addressables. At the moment, I'm using Papagayo, and here's what the phonemes editor looks like

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/c58drims2b1v743z2jfiq/Screenshot-2024-03-19-at-17.10.19.png?rlkey=nrsh64w1foismlb9zfzcqj2dw&dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/xfpdliporrzivrd4qv065/Screenshot-2024-03-19-at-17.10.10.png?rlkey=lb35gpy6ubnz149mx652e5rai&dl=0

The text file I'm using:
MohoSwitch1
1 rest
3 rest
2 AI
6 etc
7 AI
8 etc
10 AI
12 etc
13 E
14 MBP
15 AI
17 L
18 etc
20 AI
22 etc
24 E
26 etc
30 E
32 etc
34 rest

The txt is saved in the Assets/Resources/Lipsync folder using the same file name as the corresponding audio file. However, all the audio files are in the Assets/Audio/Speech folder.

I tried debugging it by modifying the Dialog.cs file as you suggested in other topics but I couldn't see anything in the console which made me think that the files were found.

What needs to be done to make it work? I can only see the first frame of the sprite.

Comments

• Welcome to the community, @digistrats.

The method of reading Lipsync files and Audio files are always the same: if you're using Addressables for audio, you'll similarly need to use Addressables for lipsyncing.

You should fine that the Speech Manager displays a "Lipsync key" field for a given speech line, beneath the "Speech key". This'll need to be unique to the speech key, so enter e.g. "Lipsync_" into the Addressable prefix box to make this separate if you're not using a prefix for speech.

It should then just be a case of marking your lipsync files with the displayed key. First, however, move them out of the Resources folder, as Unity prevents Addressables mixing with Resources.

• Thank you for the response!

I put Lipsync_ into the Addressable prefix box, moved the Lipsync folder out of Resources, and marked the lipsync text files as Addressables.

After gathering text in the Speech Manager I can't seem to make the Lipsync key displayed, there is only a Speech key.

Is there anything else that I'm missing?

• Could you share a screenshot showing your Speech Manager in full, with a typical speech line selected at the bottom?

• edited March 21

I can only see the Speech Manager ID in the ActionList editor

To be clear: the ID number is shared by both speech and lipsync files.

Use the filtering options at the bottom of the Speech Manager to get your speech lines to show. Try setting the Scene filter to (Any or no scene). That should cause all speech lines to display.

• Thank you so much! I can see it now and know what to do.

Have a good day☀️