Forum rules - please read before posting.

ENEMY OBSTACOLATES NAV, ONLY WITH ITEM ENEMY GO AWAY

Hello ladies , gents and Chris,

I am new on AC , so sorry for eventual stupid things.

let's say i got a tiger which is standing on the path I have to walk to reach some place, let's say i have to give this tiger meat with sleeping tabs inside ( something like the dogs of MI ) , what would be the procedure to do that?

how do i stop the player to pass through the tiger if he does not have the meat'

theoretically i think like this .

if meatwithsleep = false , constrain player transform.position to before the tiger and a message like "I cannot go through the tiger i must have something to make it going away", if player has meatsleep in inventory and i drag it to the tiger , tiger go back to its cave and i can pass

how do i translate this into AC ?

thank you in advance for eventual advices

Alessio

Comments

• Would this be for a 2D or a 3D game?

You'll want the "meat with sleep" to be an inventory item that you can then use on the tiger's Hotspot. If the player can carry regular meat (i.e. without sleeping pills), then that should be a separate item. Using the pills with the meat would then remove both items from the inventory, and replace them with the "meat with sleep" item, using Inventory: Add or remove Actions.

By doing this, you can define separate Inventory Interactions on the tiger's Hotspot for both regular meat, and the meat with pills in it.

Triggers can be used to react to the Player's position in the scene. Create a Trigger that covers the area that the tiger sits, and have it react "On Enter" to the Player. As part of this Trigger's ActionList, add a Character: Move to point Action to have the Player move away from the tiger, and then a Dialogue: Play speech Action to have the Player give a hint.

As part of the Inventory Interaction for the tiger Hotspot, run when using the "meat with sleep" on the tiger, use the Object: Add or remove Action to pass the "Turn Off" message to this Trigger. This will stop the Trigger from reacting to the Player, allowing them to pass.

In order to record the state of this Trigger in your save game files, just attach the Remember Transform component to it.

If you need more detailed advice, share screenshots showing your progress and I'll advise further.

• thank you Chris, is for a 2D game, i will go through each step you said in parallel with the manual , if i got any issue i will post again. thank you, you are fast in replying like the people said in the reviews fantastic
    ciao
    Alessio